The School Counseling post-master’s graduate certificate is a 12-credit online distance education program designed for individuals who want to become professional school counselors and have already earned Master's degrees in other counseling specialties like clinical mental health counseling, couples and family counseling, and others.
Who would benefit from this program?
- Students who want to become a licensed school counselor and have already earned Master's degrees in other counseling specialties
- Non-North Carolina residents who meet the admission requirements are welcome to apply, but these students are responsible for checking with their state education department for current school counseling licensure requirements
- The American School Counselor Association provides basic information on state certification requirements
- Contact the Senior Program Manager prior to applying
What can I expect to learn in this program?
- Advocacy and leadership
- Consultation in school counseling
- The profession of school counseling
- An advanced internship in school counseling