General requirements for graduate students at UNC Charlotte can be found on the Graduate Admissions website.
In addition to the general requirements for admission to the Graduate School, the following are required for admission to the Graduate Certificate - Nurse Educator program:
- A BSN or Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree from a nationally accredited program.
- Current unrestricted licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- One official transcript of all academic work attempted beyond high school.
- Essay (statement of purpose) in application packet should include a description of a selected area of specialization in nursing practice. It is expected that the student will develop a portfolio demonstrating expertise in a specialization during this program of study.
- Three letters of professional recommendation.
The Nurse Administrator program consists of 12 semester hours. Students will complete four specialty courses. The certificate can be completed in one through part-time study. Courses can be transferred.
Additional Certificate Requirements:
- A total of 15 hours of supervised classroom teaching experience, individually arranged, is required.
- The program consists of 12 credit hours and can be completed in 12 months of part-time study.