- Successful completion of the Graduate Certificate in Teaching
- A minimum graduate GPA of 3.5 in the Graduate Certificate in Teaching (Phase I)
- GRE or Miller Analogies Test scores are required for students with GPAs that do not meet minimum requirements. Students with a GPA below 3.5 in the Graduate Certificate Phase I may be considered for admission to the M.A.T. program with scores above the 30th percentile on either the GRE or Miller Analogies Test.
- Three recommendation letters that include at least one from a full-time faculty member who has taught the student in the Graduate Certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language program*
- A statement of purpose (500-1000 words)
- Apply online at graduateschool.uncc.edu
*Note: Recommendations through the Graduate Application Portal are completed electronically once contact information is provided for references.