- Hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university
- Have an undergraduate GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale
- Have completed a minimum of three years of successful teaching experience or other professional education experience
- Complete the Graduate School Admissions Application
- Submit the following along with your application:
- An acceptable GRE or MAT test score (optional)
- A writing sample from a given prompt as part of the interview process
- Three letters of recommendation from school administrators (must include principal) who can attest to your potential success as a school principal
- Class A North Carolina teaching License or other relevant experience with official documentation
- Complete resume showing evidence of leadership
- Submit a 1-2 page personal statement that addresses professional experiences, future goals, and an understanding that school administrators must possess a comprehensive conceptual, pedagogical, and reflective knowledge base
- Official transcripts of all academic work. In the Academic Background section of the online application, upload an unofficial transcript from each institution you attended.
Note: Uploading unofficial transcripts will significantly decrease the amount of time required to process your application and may result in your application being considered for admission more quickly.
Note: You will need to participate in an interview to determine knowledge of relevant education issues.