- An undergraduate degree from university accredited by a US Department of Education-recognized institutional accreditor
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.75 (For alternative ways to demonstrate academic competence, contact the Office of Teacher Education Advising and Licensure (TEAL))
- Three recommendations from persons knowledgeable of your interaction with children or youth*
- Statement of purpose (500-1000 words)
- Clear criminal background check
- Complete the Graduate School Admissions Application
*Note: Recommendations through the Graduate Application Portal are completed electronically once contact information is provided for references.